1. EUFED GmbH is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy
EUFED GmbH is dedicated to treating information about you with care and respect. This policy has been designed to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and the choices you have regarding its use.
2. Information we collect and use
EUFED GmbH collects and uses personal information in the process of serving its customers and the broader community. We continually strive to reduce the information we collect to the minimum necessary in order for us to meet our mission and your needs in a safe, secure manner. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Information you provide voluntarily
Account information, which may include name, username and password, contact information, demographic information, preferences, and other information that you may provide in the context of specific products, such as conferences or membership. We use such information:
- To interact with you.
- To administer and sustain services (for example, to determine your membership grade or to remind you to renew your membership.)
- To inform you, via email and other channels, of EUFED GmbH products and services that may be of interest to you, including conferences, education, and membership.
Information collected automatically
Information we obtain from other trusted sources
We obtain no information about you from other sources
3. Does EUFED GmbH share the information it receives?
EUFED GmbH does not sell or rent your information to third parties.
4. How secure is your information?
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We maintain and implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. EUFED GmbH uses secure servers and encrypted data transmission. We periodically review our security procedures to evaluate their continued effectiveness. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
5. Data Retention
We retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected (or as otherwise set forth in this Policy).
You always have the right to request us to delete your record entirely (see below).
EUFED GmbH does not knowingly solicit data from, or about children under 16, without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If you believe that we may have any information from, or about a child under age 16, please contact us and we will delete that information.
(B) Links to other websites
EUFED GmbH’s websites contain links to other websites administered by other organizations. This policy applies only to EUFED GmbH.org websites. EUFED GmbH is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites, even if you access them using links from our website.
(C) Transfer of information to other countries
As a global organization, EUFED GmbH may engage in international activities. In connection with the management of these activities, EUFED GmbH may need to transfer certain information to authorized systems, companies or individuals in countries other than your own. By using our services, the websites, apps, or otherwise providing us with your personal data, you agree to the transfer of your personal data subject to this policy.
(D) European Union privacy rights
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so in relation to individuals within the European Union we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
How and why we use your personal information
Under the GDPR, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Your rights as a data subject under GDPR
You have the right to obtain from EUFED GmbH confirmation as to whether or not we hold personal information concerning you in our databases. You have the right to access any personal information that we hold on you (with certain restrictions) and, in addition, the rights below:
- Access: The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access).
- Rectification: The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information.
- To be forgotten: The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations.
- Restriction of processing: The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data.
- Data portability: The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations.
- To object: The right to object: —at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling); —in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making: The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you are an individual protected by the GDPR, to request information about, or to avail yourself of these rights, please send an email to with "GDPR Request" in the subject line. In the email please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to the initiation of a request and that EUFED GmbH reserves the right to charge a fee with respect to certain requests. Upon EUFED GmbH’s completion of the review of your request, you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or if exemptions apply.
As EUFED GmbH and its products and services change over the course of time, we may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. We reserve the right to amend the policy at any time, for any reason and will do so by posting a new version online. Your continued use of our websites, apps, and/or continued provision of personal data to us will be subject to the terms of the then-current policy.
July 28, 2021